Purpose: Responsible for construction and field activity management for utility and commercial PV projects. Operate heavy machinery for construction, demolition, or excavation projects.
Position Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Lead the Construction Management (CM) resource and processes.
- Direct PV plant construction including contracts, schedule, budget, and interconnection.
- Monitor and supervise project specific materials & services, safety & quality.
- Develop and assign resources.
- Drive QA/QC, Safety, and CM process
- Direct the contracting and activities of subcontractors and consultants.
- Provide project feasibility analyses
- Manage and provide written status reporting on project progress.
- Improve profitability and construction efficiency.
- Operates construction, excavation, hauling, and maintenance equipment including backhoes, front-end loaders, bulldozers, excavators, or grade tractors.
- Prepares construction sites for building, demolition, or excavation.
- Uses excavating machinery to dig holes and trenches used in structural concrete.
- Uses equipment to prepare building sites for exterior site concrete such as parking lots.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred – Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related preferred.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master Electrician or NABCEP Cert. highly preferred or Hands-on experience as a professional electrician in the solar industry
- 5-6 years of Solar installation experience
- Any combination totaling 4 years from the following categories of experience: Work experience in solar PV installations, commercial building construction, remodeling, or tenant improvements.
- College or vocational course work in construction project coordination, building construction, architecture, or closely related field.
- 5-6 years of supervisory experience in the building construction trade
- Knowledge of all phases of building construction, including work commonly done by the various building crafts including knowledge of building materials, tools, and machines
- Knowledge of electrical, roofing, and structural systems
- Extensive knowledge and ability to operate heavy machinery.
- Supervisory ability
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications for building trades.
- General computer, writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Significant utility scale CM experience a plus
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to grow business relationships and effectively engage all stakeholders.
- Ability to find solutions and resolve issues.
- High level of professionalism, excellent oral and written communication, detail oriented
- Superior time management and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with basic office tools
- High proficiency with MS Excel, Project and Procore software, and/or ability to become highly proficient.
- Familiarity with Procore, PVSYST, Salesforce, Box
- OSHA 30-hour certification
- Must have a valid and current driver’s license.
- Ability to support projects in the Northeast.
- Up to 95%
- Prolonged periods of operating heavy machinery.
- Able to work extended periods including evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Must be able to operate machinery in all weather conditions and terrains.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at a time.
Core Development Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.