Purpose: Seeking a talented Estimator with 5 plus years of experience developing estimates in construction projects. Preferred is an experienced renewable energy professional who will support both the Operations and Development team in estimating new projects and performing tasks in the late-stage development process leading up to contract execution.
Position Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Performing construction takeoff from preliminary design or engineered drawings
- Manage project estimates, design specifications and construction documents.
- Develop and manage a database of historical cost data to estimate current and future projects.
- Obtain bids from vendors and subcontractors to make cost-effective selections.
- Determine project scope, schedule, and project risk register to produce accurate estimates.
- Developing and preparing comprehensive estimates from manual and computer based take off and estimating software.
- Collect and manage technical information needed to finalize design and project pricing.
- Support pre-sales with all preliminary due diligence on project.
- Prepare and approve final cost budgets based on estimation and procurement cost.
- Establish and maintain cost databases and analysis tools.
- Understand engineering scopes, including electrical, mechanical, structural, civil, and permitting.
- Perform postmortem analysis of original budget of estimated values and actual cost.
- Demonstrate high competency of all components of the estimate, including supporting documentation used to assemble the estimate.
- Support Scope of Work development for subcontractors and consultants.
- Provide project feasibility analyses.
- Manage and provide written status reporting.
- Serve as the interface between development and construction teams while planning the transition of projects into completion.
- Plan and facilitate meetings involving multiple parties, such as development, operations, and vendors.
- Oversee the development of project schedules and serve as the direct point of contact for the client, development, sales, and operations team on the assigned projects.
- Develop an understanding of relevant state, county and city codes, procedures and regulations required by local planner and building departments.
- Develop an understanding of power companies’ electrical requirements and interconnection agreements
- 5-7 years combined development and construction/operations management experience for commercial scale PV.
- Familiarity with electric vehicle infrastructure preferred
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management necessary, Master Electrician, NABCEP Certified, PMP Certified preferred
- Commercial electrical, contractor, and/or construction business management background
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience with estimating software and database management such as Accubid, ConEst
- Experience with Engineering, Procurement, and Construct (EPC) estimates
- Understand project scheduling, construction means, methods and sequences.
- Strong knowledge of electrical, structural, and civil estimating divisions and principles.
- Experience with proposal development
- Action-oriented problem solver who takes initiative and creates solutions.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Superior time management and interpersonal skills
- High proficiency with MS Excel, Project and ProCore software
- OSHA 30-hour certification
- Work experience in renewable energy construction
- Strong work ethic and ability to self-start in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organization, communication skills and attention to detail
- Project management, organizational, and analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Willingness to travel as required to ensure project success
- PV technical training and knowledge of PV industry (NABCEP certification, etc.)
- Field Experience with initial site assessment
- Familiarity with PVSyst and financial modelling such as Energy Toolbase
- Familiarity with general project finance underwriting principles and analysis
Conducts work in a professional office setting.
Physical working conditions may involve the following:
- Lifting up-to 50 pounds
- Extended periods of sitting, walking, standing, reaching, and/or bending
- Extended periods of reading fine print on a computer or in paper-based format.
- Ability to travel as necessary
Position based in Mahwah, NJ – consideration will be given to work remotely for right candidate.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.