Purpose: Control, execution, and oversight of project management related to commercial rooftop PV solar projects.
- Set up internal and external communications as they pertain to project development, and hold weekly status update meetings with all Stakeholders and Sponsors.
- Responsible for the oversight of the Developer in the implementation of all safety programs, third-party safety, and insurance requirements.
- Review of developer’s submittals including, but not limited to: Site Specific Safety Plan, Staging & Loading Plan, Traffic Control Plan, Fall Protection Plan, Emergency Response and Rescue Plan, and applicable certifications.
- Proficiency in project management software (Procore).
- Track & document utility Interconnection Application process and communicate status to various stakeholders through multiple platforms.
- Project Manager is responsible for coordinating and communicating with internal departments.
- Archive documents and log applicable project data on Salesforce and another CRM platform.
- Project Manager is responsible for circulating the fully executed amendment to the solar supplier and internal stakeholders as the owner’s representative.
- Project Manager reviews draft estoppels to ensure all conditions of the document are met and works with the Solar Construction Program Manager to help route, distribute, and execute.
- Responsible for transitioning a completed project to appropriate stakeholders.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of MPPA & SPPA contract requirements.
- Support the Development Team with due diligence on upcoming projects.
- Oversee all outsourced third-party reviews of engineering work – risk assessment, electrical and structural engineering and ensure contractual obligations are met and implemented into the design.
- Review and oversee the scope of work as owner’s representative in safety, quality control, and every other aspect of a construction project.
- Responsible for implementing and overseeing the Three Phase Inspection Process (meeting, mockup, ongoing inspection) for the solar QA/QC process.
- Work with developers to ensure interconnections application status and documentation is current and visible to the appropriate project manager.
- Oversee each phase of a project, including, but not limited to, coordination with internal and external stakeholders and project team(s).
- Responsible for review of the schedule and track progress through each phase of the project.
- Oversee important project milestones and deadlines as per the SPPA.
- Understanding of relevant state, county, and city codes, procedures, and regulations required by the local planner and building departments.
- Understanding of Utilities electrical requirements and interconnection agreements.
- Maintain weekly reports of contract milestones status, obstacles, risks, notice details, and path to green mitigation.
- Managing relationships with key construction stakeholders and ensuring a great customer experience for stakeholders and site leadership.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Construction, General Contracting, and/or Electrical trade background a plus.
- General Knowledge of PV systems.
- NABCEP certification, PV training, and/or applicable licensing a plus.
- High proficiency in Salesforce, MS Excel, MS Project, and Procore software, in addition to standard MS office products.
- Managing Rooftop solar, design & construction experience is necessary.
- Familiar with small DC systems, sizing 500KW to 7MW
- Construction Management Degree, Engineering Degree, Master Electrician, PMP Certification, or equivalent industry experience a must.
- Minimum of 3 years rooftop PV commercial construction experience or equivalent experience.
Multiple positions supporting project sites in Northern, Central, and Southern California
75% of the time to project sites
- Must be able to traverse and inspect all areas of the jobsite in all types of weather; this may include walking, climbing, reaching, bending, crawling, or stretching.
- Exposure to characteristic construction site dangers.
Core Development Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.