Purpose: The Senior Engineer – EV will be working with our Engineering, Operations, Construction, and Business Development teams to oversee the design, review, analysis, commissioning, testing and maintenance of Electric Vehicle Charging Systems.
- Work with outside engineering vendors to provide Engineering Design, review, and analysis of EV Charging infrastructure projects.
- Review EV design specifications and recommend engineering or manufacturing changes to achieve electrical design objectives.
- Create electrical single-line diagrams, panel schedules, or connection diagrams as required.
- Manage engineering projects from start to end and deliver them on time.
Act as the main point of contact and manage internal and external communications to define customer needs and requirements.
- Ensure that EV installations and applications are in line with customer needs and safety standards.
- Collaborate with engineers and technicians to design and apply new system processes, document findings, and communicate to the main stakeholders.
- Perform quality and system performance analysis on new and legacy depots we installed or maintain. Summarize data and report on test results.
- Examine needs for new equipment, calculate costs, and help prepare budgets. Monitor maintenance and inspection plans based on standard protocols and safety.
- Provide technical direction or support to installation teams during installation, start-up, testing, commissioning, or performance monitoring.
- Liaison between sites in construction and Engineer of Record on Projects.
- Coordinate with RF/IT teams to incorporate communications designs into baseline electrical plans.
- Perform engineering site design walks and analysis for existing field conditions and site constraint
- Proven expertise as an electrical systems engineer or power conversion systems related field, with experience in EV (480V/208V) distribution design.
- Understanding of EV charging systems and technical operability standards
- Strong understanding of design practices and expectations as projects transition to different stages.
- Hands-on experience using design and calculation software
- Deep knowledge of electrical manufacturing, installations, testing, commissioning, and maintenance processes.
- Understanding electrical engineering codes and safety standards.
- AutoCAD, experience a must, Bluebeam and Procore experience a plus
- Problem-solving abilities and self-driven with the ability to champion difficult tasks
- Attention to detail
- Experience using energy calculation software like SKM or EasyPower.
- NFPA-70e risk analysis experience, (Arc Flash Studies).
- Experience reviewing and writing technical documents and requirements
- Strong organizational and communication skills. Ability to work independently and effectively in an organized manner, deadline-oriented, and fast-paced environment.
Minimum of an MS in Electrical Engineering preferred or Mechanical Engineering – or – a BS in Electrical Engineering with 5 years of experience in electrical systems applications, ideally in areas of power electronics and control systems.
The position is an in-office position – consideration will be given for hybrid/remote. Some site/field visits as required.
Some travel to site locations as needed
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up-to 15 pounds (ca. 7 kg) at times.
Core Development Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.