Purpose: The Vice President of Development is responsible for leading and overseeing the development team in business development, commercial project origination, and opportunity qualification activities. This role is an integral part of the executive/senior management team.
- Provide oversight and management of development activities and processes including scheduling, permitting and entitlements, budgeting, and interconnection.
- Lead the origination and development of new projects as assigned to development team account managers
- Provide project economic and feasibility analyses
- Lead proposal generation and project finance structuring, working in coordination with CEO, finance partners, operations, and legal
- Manage and provide written status reporting on project progress
- Prioritize Development Team resources to advance projects, maximize profitability, and minimize risk, in pursuit of Company goals.
- Lead external sales, channel development, and market segmentation and identify target markets for Core’s business services
- Direct marketing and media/industry outreach, working with CEO and outside consultants
- Identify new market opportunities for utility-scale projects, working alongside the energy storage team to develop PV projects paired with storage.
- Contribute to business process improvements
- RFPs & Proposals Management
- Lead and grow the development team, including hiring and overseeing developers and technical personnel and to support execution.
- Direct the contracting and activities of subcontractors and consultants who support the development team in coordination with Legal.
- Oversees the daily workflow of projects.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the solar industry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough understanding of markets – state regulations and policy, interconnection process, power marketing strategies, and siting considerations
- Detailed understanding of the permitting and interconnection processes required to successfully develop projects.
- Data-driven with a detailed understanding of project financial models and an ability to translate the nuances of a financial model into smart decisions throughout the development process (land prices, build costs, capacity factors, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong negotiation skills.
- Client Relationship Management
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Logistics, Engineering, or other industry-related field required; MBA preferred.
- 10 years of successful power generation project development experience with a minimum of 5 years of utility-scale solar project experience.
Mahwah, NJ. The position is an in-office position – consideration will be given for hybrid/remote.
Ability to travel 25%-50% of the time
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up-to 15 pounds (ca. 7 kg) at times.
Core Development Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.