D.C. Construction Manager
Title: Construction Manager
Purpose: Responsible for construction and field activity management for utility and commercial PV projects within the Americas
- Lead the Construction Management (CM) resource and processes
- Direct PV plant construction including contracts, schedule, budget, and interconnection.
- Monitor and supervise project specific materials & services, safety & quality.
- Develop and assign resources.
- Drive QA/QC, Safety, and CM process
- Direct the contracting and activities of subcontractors and consultants
- Provide project feasibility analyses
- Manage and provide written status reporting on project progress
- Improve profitability and construction efficiency
- 7 years hands on construction management experience with a minimum of 5 years utility/commercial solar installations
- Commercial electrical, contractor, and/or construction business management background
- **Master Electrician or NABCEP Cert. highly preferred
- 5-6 years of Solar installation experience preferred.
- Any combination totaling 4 years from the following categories of experience: Work experience in solar PV installations, commercial building construction, remodeling, or tenant improvements.
- College or vocational course work in the area of construction project coordination, building construction, architecture, or closely related field.
- 5-6 years of supervisory experience in a building construction trade
- Knowledge of all phases of building construction, including work commonly done by the various building crafts
- Knowledge of electrical, roofing, and structural systems
- Hands-on experience as a professional electrician in the solar industry is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of building materials, tools, and machines
- Supervisory ability
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications for building trades
- General computer, writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Significant utility scale CM experience a plus
- Knowledge of Solar PV commissioning tests, processes and standards.
- Strong organizational and communication skill
- Demonstrated ability to grow business relationships and effectively engage all stakeholders
- Ability to find solutions and resolve issues
- High level of professionalism, excellent oral and written communication, detail oriented
- Superior time management and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with basic office tools
- High proficiency with MS Excel, Project and Procore software, and/or ability to become highly proficient
- Familiarity with Procore, PVSYST, Salesforce, Box
- OSHA 30-hour certification
- Must have valid and current driver’s license.
- Ability to operate construction equipment.
Travel: Various locations in DC, MD and VA.
Dana Hall, General Counsel
Core Development Group
Core Development Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.