Purpose: The Director of Procurement will primarily focus on the definition, planning, purchasing, deployment, and best practices implementation to ensure consistency, cost-effectiveness, and adequacy of the procurement process across the organization. This role is responsible for overseeing and facilitating the purchasing strategy, managing supplier relationships, developing the company’s procurement roadmaps, supporting the vendor qualification process, and collaborating with senior leadership and management in engineering, development, financing, and operations to support CDG Renewable generation projects.
- Manage and lead procurement efforts across the Engineering, Development, and Operations departments to ensure safe and timely supply of project equipment and services from suppliers.
- Partner with Senior Leadership, Engineering, Construction, Development, and Finance teams to collaborate on cost-reduction initiatives and unified strategies for all projects in the pipeline and ensure timely delivery and finance projects on time and under budget.
- Establish and maintain best-in-class procurement processes, a working database of materials, suppliers, products, and project costs
- Manage Company’s long-term procurement objectives for equipment and service provider contracts
- Provide support during MSAs and POs negotiations with key suppliers.
- Manage templates of supply agreements to streamline the procurement process, ensure consistency, and continuously improve and standardize processes
- Maintaining a database of current technical and non-technical documentation for each supplier on an approved vendor list (e.g., financials, IE reports, datasheets, PAN &OND files, etc.)
- Provide guidance and support on change orders to promptly respond to impact, and cost implications/overruns and suggest recovery plans from vendors or suppliers.
- Work with project teams in the exploration of alternate sources of supply, the consolidation of requirements across CDG businesses, alternative solutions or technologies, cost avoidance, inventory reduction, standardization, low-cost country sourcing, etc.
- Manage and efficiently communicate the risk of long-term supply contracts (e.g., credit exposure, commodities, policy, crisis, technology, etc.)
- Develop leading metrics and indices to manage supply/demand including commodity pricing, interest rates, exchange rates, manufacturing capacity, PPA rates, and other market signals
- Forecast market cost and volume trends and ensure the immediate escalation of issues that
- Provide expertise in the development and implementation of an integrated procurement and contract manufacturing system including processes and KPIs that meet our business requirements and align with global supply chain policies and practices
Qualifications and skills:
- Solid contracts and subcontracts knowledge of Solar Storage applications
- Experience with sourcing and procurement and building a vendor program
- Experience with negotiations of price and terms and conditions
- Understanding of market conditions, supplier collaboration, and compliance
- Financial knowledge for cash-flow evaluation in a project (cost of capital, IRR, NPV).
- Experience in supplier qualification and supplier development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding Project management experience
- Team building and leadership skills
- Exemplary multitasking and organizational skills
- Demonstrated business judgment and individual initiative. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Undergraduate degree in Supply Chain/Procurement/Sourcing, Legal, Business Administration or Engineering, or technical field from an accredited entity
- 7-10 years of relevant procurement and purchasing experience for Solar and Storage applications
New Jersey/Bergen County, NJ (remote locations across the US are a possibility for the right candidate)
Core Development Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.