Structured Finance Analyst
Working with the Development Team, the Structured Finance Analyst will support all aspects of renewable energy project developing and closing solar project investments. The Structured Finance Analyst will focus on financial modeling to assist in designing new investment structures, vetting new project opportunities, vetting new energy markets and working with various banks/funds. In addition, the Structured Finance Analyst will work with the policy and business development teams to vet new energy market opportunities.
Financial Analysis: Work with the Development Team to develop and build complex project financial models that capture all financial project attributes, evaluate the lifecycle economics of potential projects, and present to the Senior Management Team for approval.
Project Transaction Coordination: Support the Development Team in the origination, negotiation and closing of project finance transactions including term sheet development and negotiation, and assisting in the due diligence processes.
New Project Evaluation: Works closely with marketing, business development, and the policy team to evaluate new markets and incentives. Able to financially model a project that captures all financial benefits and incentives on the state and federal level.
Incentive Research: Research available market state and federal incentive programs and SREC pricing trends in various states for commercial and utility scale solar energy projects
• BA/BS degree in Finance. MS in Finance and/or CFA certified a plus
• 5-8 years of structured project finance experience in the renewable energy sector required
• Corporate M&A experience is a plus
• Strong aptitude to learn complex concepts (tax rules, energy policy, financial structures, etc).
• Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and accountability
• Organized, diligent, and able to track and manage multiple streams of information on an ongoing basis
• Energy market trading a plus
• Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline driven environment
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Team player with great interpersonal skills Additional Information
Company Description Solar project finance, Land Developers, PPA originator, Engineering Procurement and Construction - Design build